Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft and Others Sued by Patent Troll

> http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03020.pdf
>
>         (Gates' anti-Linux patent plot)

From:               Bill Gates
Sent:               Sunday, January 24, |999 8:41 AM
TO:                 Jeff Westorinon; Ben Fathi
Cc:                 Carl Stork (Exchange); Nathan Myhrvofd; Eric Rudder
Subject:            ACPI extensions

One thing I find myself wonde.dng about is whether we shouldn't try and make
the "ACPI" extensions somehow Windows specific.

If seems unfortunate if we do this work and get our partners to do the work and
the result is that Linux works great without having to do the work.

Maybe there is no way to avoid this problem but it does bother me.

Maybe we couid define the APIs so that they work well with NT and not the
others even if they are open.

Or maybe we could patent something related to this.

--
"Tux is taking food out of our mouths!"