[News] PHP-ASP.net Comparison

PHP Vs ASP.net

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever since Microsoft has come up with ASP.net, there has been a widespread
| debate among programmers as to whether it is any better than the existing
| open source programming language of PHP.
`----

http://www.bizfive.com/articles/web-design/comparing-php-and-asp.net/

The strengths of PHP stand out.

Related:

Survey: Windows loses ground with developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux gaining share as the number of developers targeting Windows falls
| 12 percent, Evans Data says
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/07/02/mswindows-share_1.html

Linux contributor base broadens

,----[ Quote ]
| With more companies funding Linux work, the core hackers now delegate
| 70% of the coding
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/062807-linux-contributor-base.html

Linux Summit: Forget Microsoft. Let's Get Back To Development

,----[ Quote ]
| "We add 2,000 lines of code a day to the Linux kernel. We work on
| 2,800 lines of code a day. I've never seen the pace of change that
| Linux has shown," said kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman, citing
| the accelerated pace on the open source operating system.
|     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199904052

Developers Embrace Java, Drop Visual Basic

,----[ Quote ]
| Use of Visual Basic has dropped 35% since the spring, says a
| poll of more than 430 North American developers done by research
| company Evans Data.
|
| [...]
|
| Developers have abandoned Microsoft's Visual Basic in droves
| during the last six months, and they're using Java more than any
| other development language, according to a recently published
| survey.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196600515

Study: Developers Favor Linux