Re: [News] Excuses Against Linux Are Running Out Because Linux is Ahead of Vista

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 28 August 2007 12:49 : \____

http://www.computerwire.com/industries/research/?pid=AF663B1C%2D6098%2D44D8%2DA61B%2D5C1C683E5DBE

> Microspeak:
>
>    "On the Compare site you'll see a much richer, more dynamic
>    conversation with a broader cross-section of information to help
>    customers as they make pragmatic investment decisions," he
>    added.

I read that again earlier and there was some nasty stuff towards the end (also
a typo). The headline was eye catching. Matt isn't a Microsoft fan BTW. And he
reads Boycott Novell.

> Say, is there any way to get firefox to translate those frickin' unicode
> characters that some articles have?

Maybe it can be passed through some form/filter/pipe to 'purify'? I thought
about it before. I have charset issues too.

>> Vista Aiding Linux Desktop, Strategist Says
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | For example, a number of companies have moved back to Windows XP after
>> | deploying Vista, Crawford said, before quoting Scott Granneman, an author,
>> | entrepreneur and adjunct professor at Washington University in St. Louis,
>> | as saying, "To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up
>> | your Windows box, you just have to work on it."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2168426,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616
>
> A friend at work, who likes Windows and knows how to use it well, got
> Vista on a new computer.  He found he didn't like it at all.
>
> So he's back on XP.
>
> But guess what?
>
> Windows XP drivers for a couple of key components (wireless and sound)
> don't work on his new (desktop) machine.
>
> Incredible.

Yes, many stories like this one... some say it's intentional and bound to get
worse. Bad news for Linux? Au contraire. It'll make people more annoyed and
more inclined to call it quits and gradually learn Linux (new partition/Live
CD).

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie