Re: Windows Vista/Xpee users and WGA

____/ 7 on Sunday 26 August 2007 23:32 : \____

>  jessedorland@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Here is the fun part.. For next three or four days Microsoft user will
>> not be able to use their "bought" copy of Windows Vista/Xpee. I am not
>> making this up!!! Some features like 3d Arrow are disable, and even
>> destroyed --- in some case software/apps are uninstalled!!! You asked
>> why? Becaues WGA go some sort of bug, and Microsoft workers don't know
>> how to fixed it!!!
>>
>> Thank G-D I am using Linux... Compiling kernel doesn't sound like a
>> bad think now does it?
>

> Bless you sir!!
> I couldn't have said it better.
> Sys admins and IT managers must persuade all reluctant staff
> to move to Desktop Linux to stop these kinds of problems damaging their
> businesses all the time.

It is a very serious issue, whether the servers are down or not.

ATM using un-activated Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, so lets be realistic for a moment here, first off, is 'Hackers Best
| Friend" MS Windows really the optimal choice for an operating system that
| spits out cash?
`----

http://www.itdrive.com/articles/177/1/ATM-using-un-activated-Windows/Page1.html

ATM with Pirated Windows [with photos]

,----[ Quote ]
| In Russian you can sometimes meet pirated copy of Windows even
| on ATM. It warns that this copy of Windows need activation and
| the work of ATM gets interrupted.
`----

http://englishrussia.com/?p=981#more-981

The approach and design is a mistake. Like security models, which Windows
failed to embrace, a worst case scenario and streetsmarts are completely
ignored here.

It is made possible owing to greed, fuelled by sense of total control. From
yesterday:

Yet Another Reason for Linux (YARL)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/08/another-reason-for-linux.html

>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars

post/20070825-windows-genuine-advantage-suffers-worldwide-outage-problems-galore.html

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/