[News] Army of Microsoft Shills and Apologists Jumps to Microsoft's Defense After WGA Fiasco

  • Subject: [News] Army of Microsoft Shills and Apologists Jumps to Microsoft's Defense After WGA Fiasco
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:29:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
| Meanwhile, George Ou and Ed Bott
|
| say "Move along, nothing to see here...there is never an issue with
| Microsoft, only third part apps, hardware, and users!"
`----

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12558-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=38009&messageID=696974&start=-1

This is so typical. Bott and Ou are like a pair doing Microsoft PR in ZDNet.
Same with Vista DRM and other disasters that took the Web by storm.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12558-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=38009&messageID=696915&start=-1

| A typical windows zealot/MS apologist
|
| would make such an assumption.
`----

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12558-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=38008&messageID=697012

Windows Genuine Advantage Crashes: Everyone’s a Pirate

http://mashable.com/2007/08/25/windows-genuine-advantage/

| Windows Genuine Advantage Down
|
| The cause
|
| Right now we don’t have official word on a cause, but one source with
| familiarity with WGA tells us that the issue may be caused by updates to the
| service that were required after Microsoft expanded the number of activations
| keys available for Windows XP. However, the sense we get from Phil Liu is
| that Microsoft is pretty much in the dark right now.
`----

http://www.thegeekery.biz/2007/08/25/windows-genuine-advantage-down/

Mary Jo Foley received no explanation from Microsoft. Some said the problem
would end on Tuesday. Here's the punch:

Yet Another Reason for Linux (YARL)

,----[ Quote ]
| Got all that? So how does it feel to be treated continuously like you're
| scum? You never notice until the system breaks, in this case quite
| spectacularly. This is what monopolies can get away with. Microsoft, back
| before it completed a total lock on the U.S desktop OS market, would have
| never gotten away with this, and Microsoft knew it. But now that there's
| nothing and nobody of real consequence to stand in their way, they've put in
| place WGA to make sure you've paid for everything, regardless of your
| receipts that show you paid good money for either the OS or the system it
| came pre-installed on. Microsoft's WGA is worse than guilty until proven
| innocent. With Microsoft, you're always guilty until you ditch their OS and
| their business model.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/08/another-reason-for-linux.html

Related:

ZDNet's George Ou Exposed as Ignorant Microsoft Shill (Zoon!)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/D7DEE590-2003-4DC7-8DD1-E156142D4FEA.html