[News] People Are Switching to Linux and Like It (Batch of Stories)

  • Subject: [News] People Are Switching to Linux and Like It (Batch of Stories)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 12:22:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why I Went Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Consider me a citizen of the world – OpenSource that is. We like to get
| things done. And, can do it ourselves. I do it with Linux Mint Cassandra .
`----

http://www.jjmacey.net/why-i-switched-to-linux.html

3 months with Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO

,----[ Quote ]
| Vector is now my OS of choice on the machine in question, and who knows, if I
| didn’t still have to do a bit of VB development, it could well replace XP on
| my main work laptop as well.
|
| Mind you... I could always build an XP virtual machine...
`----

http://www.jjsh.org/?p=19

Unboxing My Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Wednesday, the FedEx guy arrived with my new Dell Inspiron 530 desktop.
| Still in my pajamas, I rushed to the door to greet him, gave him a
| quick "thank-you", and rushed back up the stairs to begin unboxing.
`----

http://www.gearlog.com/2007/08/unboxing_my_dell_inspiron_with.php

Related:

Dell Keeps Linux Penguins Marching Forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell first announced that it would preinstall Ubuntu Linux on some of its
| consumer desktops and notebooks just three months ago, but the results have
| shown the vendor that there is no reason to stop there.
`----

http://www.channelinsider.com/article/Dell+Keeps+Linux+Penguins+Marching+Forward/213850_1.aspx

Will HP Follow Dell With Ubuntu Linux PCs?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://software.seekingalpha.com/article/39413