[News] WGA Fiasco Has People Talking About Linux

  • Subject: [News] WGA Fiasco Has People Talking About Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 02:00:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows users: Get Ready for a Long Weekend

,----[ Quote ]
| The discussion on the Microsoft forums has not been kind. As you might
| expect, the “U-word” Ubuntu has been bandied about.
`----

http://www.askreamaor.com/microsoft-and-windows/windows-users-get-ready-for-a-long-weekend/

"But I'm Not a Pirate!"

,----[ Quote ]
| Or install Linux in the meantime...
`----

http://www.nowpublic.com/im-not-pirate

Microsoft WGA validation servers down

,----[ Quote ]
| It just goes to show that MS DRM infections and inbuilt malware are
| unacceptable. If you buy anything with activation, you are simply wasting
| money. Avoid Vista like the plague, it simply isn't worth it. If today is not
| a warning sign in big red letters, I don't know what is.

Some nations recently warned that Microsoft would disable all their PCs if
there was ever a dispute.