Re: [News] One Linux Packaging Method to Rule Them (Distros) All

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Friday 24 August 2007 18:24 : \____

> [H]omer wrote:

>>> Glick brings better standalone application bundles to Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> No, no, no, no, no, no ... and *no*.
>>
>> Linux is *not* Windows for /a reason/. Lack of self-propagating Malware
>> is just one of them.
>>
>> This is the mother of all bad ideas.
>>

> Not necessarily. It is one attempt among others to use the "package"
> principle of OSX on linux too.
> Not a way I would prefer to install my apps, but different users, different
> choices

True.

Other packaging projects such as this already exist. There must be like a dozen
(or more) separate projects now.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"