Re: Google Gives No Source, Time to Take Source from XenSource

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Friday 24 August 2007 17:47 : \____

> On Aug 24, 3:24 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> | In other words, XenSource's future with Citrix is Windows and helping
>> | Microsoft. Sounds like a fork-worthy situation to me.
>
> Sounds like Microsoft is grasping at straws and "virtualization" is
> one of them.

It's a little like Linux. They can snatch one player, but there are too many
moles to whack. We already have half a dozen other decent hypervisors for
Linux. In fact, Xen is often criticised for being messy.

>> GPL author: Google must share code
>
> That's the legal loophole of GPL.
>
> You can use the code to build server apps -- and yet you don't have to
> "share" the code, so long as you don't "distribute" the code.
>
> GPL was designed for the days of having to distribute executables --
> but not for the current SOA environment.

Yes, and the loophole was not closed, IIRC. One has to wonder what loophole/s
GPLv4 will close.

Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'
Mem:    515500k total,   453900k used,    61600k free,     2016k buffers