[News] IBM Tops Server Sellers with Linux

  • Subject: [News] IBM Tops Server Sellers with Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:41:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
IBM Is Number One Server Vendor by Revenue in 2Q07, Says Analyst Report

,----[ Quote ]
| "IDC's statistics indicate that IBM's server strategy is resonating with
| customers," said Rich Lechner, vice president, IBM virtualization, "whether
| they're consolidating applications onto our incredibly fast POWER6-based
| servers, re-hosting Linux applications onto System z, or virtualizing
| resources on System x."
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070823/0294157.html

Open source and server virtualization lead state data center consolidation
moves

,----[ Quote ]
| The combination with open source and Linux platforms offer an inexpensive way
| to continue the  widespread adoption of Linux in the data center.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/18653

Related:

Linux Growth Accelerates with Server Shipments in 4th QTR 2006

,----[ Quote ]
| Unit shipment growth was flat (0.0% growth) year over year in 4Q06, the
| tenth consecutive quarter of slowing overall shipment growth...
|
| After two consecutive quarters of single-digit revenue growth, Linux
| server revenue growth accelerated once again, growing 15.3% to $1.8
| billion when compared with 4Q05.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Hardware/Linux_Growth_Accelerates_with_Server_Shipments_in_4th_QTR_2006

IBM Unveils Support Option for DB2 Express-C

,----[ Quote ]
| Current Linux distributions validated with Express-C include
| Novell Open Enterprise Server 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 & 4,
| SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 & 9, Asianux 1.0, Mandriva
| Corporate Server 3.0, Nitix 4.2.2a, Red Flag Advanced Server
| 4.1, and Ubuntu 5.04
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070503/0248076.html

IBM opens market doors for partners