Re: Is "zealot" a term of abuse?

On 2007-08-22, Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You *are* joking?

Not really.
To *me* a zealot is rude, narrow minded and can't even begin
to see another person's opinion.
Roy has been very cordial toward me and while I agree with
much of what he says, we do have our differences and that's
fine.

> Roy turns very, very nasty and is one of the first to wield kill files
> and besmirch people's characters when they don't agree with him.

Maybe if cornered and attacked he reacts?
We all do to some extent.

> Did you forget the castration thing already? You should read a few more
> of his posts. Don't confuse his phony "matey mate" style with real
> friendliness - it disappears in a blink if you cross him.

I see a lot of fake and obviously phoney messages splattered
all around Google about him castrating himself.
I find that very strange in fact.

> In addition more than 50% of his posts are about Windows. Off
> Topic. Since he posts with no comparison to Linux. He has a boner for
> Balmer for some reason.

He could tone down the anti Microsoft posts a little and concentrate
more on positive Linux posts IMHO.
He does seem to be doing better in that manner lately.

Look, Roy seems genuine about Linux and maybe he is a little
colorful at times, that doesn't bother me one bit.
His advocacy posts far outweigh the colorful ones and
that is a good thing.
Nobody is perfect.