[News] Business Move to Linux Because of Windows Vista and Linux OEM Support

  • Subject: [News] Business Move to Linux Because of Windows Vista and Linux OEM Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:26:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
If Not Vista Enterprise, Then What?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Vista Enterprise licensing changes mean some businesses will
| adopt something else. Could it be Linux? The answer is surprising.
|
| [...]
|
| "For those business that would rather bypass SA and purchase individual
| licenses, the options are limited," said Roger Kay, president of Endpoint
| Technologies. "They can stick with XP, which many are doing, go to Linux—an
| increasingly viable option, given its support from OEMs like Dell and Lenovo—
| or pony up for Ultimate, which carries a pretty hefty premium."
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/if_not_vista_enterprise_then_what.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Is it ready for business? It sure is.

Linux in the Workplace: What the Users Think

,----[ Quote ]
| Several colleagues of mine now also use Linux as their primary work desktop.
| In fact, we now have about a 50/50 split between (K)Ubuntu and XP users in
| our office. I wanted to get their views on why they use Linux and if they are
| happy with it. Hopefully the answers will be useful to others considering
| Linux. I asked everyone the same set of questions. So without further ado,
| here are their thoughts...
`----

http://linuxandotherrants.blogspot.com/2007/06/linux-in-workplace-what-users-think.html

Related:

Businesses having second thoughts about Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Fewer businesses are now planning to move to Windows Vista than seven months
| ago, according to a survey by patch management vendor PatchLink Corp., while
| more said they will either stick with the Windows they have, or turn to Linux
| or Mac OS X.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9028478

Software Assurance Storm Warning