Re: Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

____/ Rick on Tuesday 21 August 2007 21:17 : \____

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:59:36 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>
>> dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Okay, so if Roy didn't post a particular link, I would automagically
>>> find and visit this "link collecting site" that Roy cunningly steals
>>> links from.  Is that it?
>>
>> No. You go and READ the originating Linux news site and read THEIR take
>> on it without Roy's intervention. Click here for an example:
>>
>> http://www.linuxtoday.com/
>>

>> Doing what he does a few times is ok, but he effectively duplicates
>> their work.
>
> ... so you are saying linuxtoday plagiarizes links, too?(snip)

What a bunch of baloney. I read about 100 Linux-related feeds. LinuxToday is
usually a day or two behind, so I rarely find anything there (which I haven't
already found somewhere else, usually /directly/ at the source which I also
syndicate). Brian only posts links to about 30 articles per day and many come
through recommendations. It's a lot of very mainstream stuff, so the new
breaks in small blogs that 'leak' information and beat the press.

I used to vocally protest /against/ LinuxToday because of the "Get the Facts"
period and links to Enderle. I was not the only one. Their readership was
apparently declining.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows
 03:20:01 up 15 days,  6:13,  4 users,  load average: 1.11, 1.50, 1.42