Re: Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

On 20 Aug, 10:22, Hadron <hadronqu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> waterskidoo <water.ski...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On 2007-08-19, William Poaster <w...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> It was on, or about,  Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:30:49 +0000, that as I was

> >> You *can't*, but Quack doesn't understand what plagiarise means.
>
> > I agree with this and still don't get what he is claiming.
>
> Because again, you don't check the original threads.
>
> Work is work. These sites did work to collect the links and provide
> their own comments. People visiting their sites generate hit count.
>
> Roy has plagiarised their work (the collecting of the links), added his
> own comments and reposted them - thus removing the need for people to go
> to the originating (of the the links) site.
>
> Easy enough.

Okay, so if Roy didn't post a particular link, I would automagically
find and visit this "link collecting site" that Roy cunningly steals
links from.  Is that it?

Or, because Roy links to (say) a slashdot article that in turn links
to Site X, I'm going to navigate straight to Site X, somehow bypassing
slashdot.  Is that what you mean?

I've noticed that Hadron (and DFS) have taken to attacking
individuals, not the points they make.  Roy posts something nice about
Linux or nasty about Microsoft, Hadron jumps in criticizing him
because he gets 18 dollars a year ad revenue from a website.  (And DFS
makes multiple posts saying various COLA users are hypocrites because
they dislike Windows but still use it.)

When you're watching TV News, and a newscaster comes on whose personal
opinions differ from yours, do you dismiss the news he announces as
lies?

In my town, the local buses are all made by Mercedes Benz.  Should
people who dislike Mercs walk everywhere rather than use the evil
buses?