Re: [News] Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

____/ waterskidoo on Tuesday 21 August 2007 02:57 : \____

> On 2007-08-20, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
>>
>>> "Demographics have shown that not only are FireFox users a somewhat small
>>> percentage of the internet, they actually are even smaller in terms of
>>> online spending,"
>>>
>>> What demographics show Firefox users "are even smaller in terms of online
>>> spending,"?
>>
>> Why do I get the feeling that the author is desperately trying to not
>> use the words "cheapskate" and "commie"?
>
> Paranoia.
>

>> The style of that piece seems uncannily familiar somehow. It may well
>> have been written by our very own DooFuS.
>
> More paranoia.
>

>> If, as I suspect, this site was anonymously commissioned by one or more
>> advertising companies, then the style of that piece gives quite an
>> insight into the debase mindset of such people, and pretty much confirms
>> what everyone already knew about the advertising industry; they're just
>> a bunch of reprehensible thugs.
>
> And even still more paranoia.
>
> Do you feel someone is always watching you?
> Do you peer around corners before turning them?
> Do you call the phone company every time you hear clicks in the phone?
> Is that car following you?
> Is everyone out to get you?
> etc..
>
> I'll bet you do.

As I wrote a couple of minutes ago (different thread), you are criticising the
wrong people. I can understand why you feed people who post anti-charter
meterial and come here to disrupt. They just haven't shown you evidence of
their malice (which was proven many time in the past).

As for [H]omer, he is one of the posters here whose views best align with
mine. "Paranoia" and "tinfoil hat" are words which, just like "commie"
or "nerd", are used to discourage a behaviour that either exposes exploitation
(including the modern pyramid scheme) and a route to financial bliss.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
 03:20:03 up 14 days,  6:13,  3 users,  load average: 1.56, 1.47, 1.41