Re: [News] Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

____/ waterskidoo on Tuesday 21 August 2007 20:06 : \____

> On 2007-08-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> As I wrote a couple of minutes ago (different thread), you are criticising
>> the wrong people. I can understand why you feed people who post anti-charter
>> meterial and come here to disrupt. They just haven't shown you evidence of
    ^a
>> their malice (which was proven many time in the past).
                                          ^s

Sorry about the typos. I don't proofread.

> I see Hadron moving the goalposts constantly (Ubuntu vs PClinuxos) just
> for the sake of arguing however I feel it is a good thing
> to correct misconceptions concerning Linux without causing a war
> of words.

Your point is valid, but be aware that it goes both ways. Microsoft takes a
ruthless dictatar in a gentleman's guise approach to do exactly the same
thing. They use proxies like Enderle and Lyons to do this.

>> As for [H]omer, he is one of the posters here whose views best align with
>> mine. "Paranoia" and "tinfoil hat" are words which, just like "commie"
>> or "nerd", are used to discourage a behaviour that either exposes
>> exploitation (including the modern pyramid scheme) and a route to financial
>> bliss.
>
> His posts are embarrassing IMHO because the hate and vitriol that emanate
> from him just serves to make him look like a crazy zealot.
> It does nobody any good and it's obvious that he is narrow minded
> and will not accept anything but *his* view of things.
> Proved by his comment about not choosing a side etc.
> If I were a leader in the Linux community he would be
> one of the last people I would want on my side.
> From his phony statistics report right down to his
> hate posts, it's just an embarrassment.
> You methods are far superior to his and even if you agree with
> his philosophy, your delivery is much better and professional.
> Even if I don't agree with everything you say, I enjoy reading
> what you write and the links you post.
> The real trolls hate you because it's difficult to debate some
> of the things you post so they concentrate on specific posts
> which may be a little creative. For me, the good far outshines
> the bad.

I understand this, but I, for one, think that some thing must simply be told as
they are. [H]omer rarely uses obscene words. He can be blunt in the sense that
he tells the truth without consideration for some people's feelings. To me,
for all I can tell, the people at the top tier of Microsoft have no feelings
anyway. They only know the feeling of the Benjamin and the climax they get
when there's an extra new digit in their bank balance.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
 01:20:01 up 15 days,  4:13,  4 users,  load average: 1.28, 1.54, 1.50