Re: Trolls having a hard time with Linux

____/ BearItAll on Tuesday 21 August 2007 16:42 : \____

> Have you noticed that the trolls are having such a hard time finding things
> about Linux to criticise that they are only doing personal attacks these
> days?
>
> Even then they are not very good at it, criticising spelling and grammer and
> miss reading posts to try and make them say what isn't there, then
> criticising their missread interpretations.
>
> It really isn't very clever and definately fails on two counts, it fails to
> deminish Linux and it fails to promote their beloved MS Windows.
>
> Well trolls, all I can say is it was a good fight, but Linux has won,
> because you clearly have nothing bad to say about it.
>
> Many of us here could criticise bits-n-bobs of Linux, but there isn't really
> anything big to poke a finger at. No no-go areas we avoid talking about
> because it's embarrassing. We in Linux have a great product and I would
> like to thank the trolls for their acknowledgment of this by their
> inability to find anything to point at as bad.
>
> Now, lets see if we can apply that last paragraph to Windows shall we.
>

> Actually we don't have to, MS did it for us by including in their EULA the
> part that stops you talking about their embarrassing bits. They know that
> they have no-go areas and embarassing areas that they would prefer no one
> mentions, Demanding that users of their software do not mention them.
>
> I'm not party to that agreement, so I can say anything I like about MS and
> about Windows. Isn't it nice to be free.

The EULA, much like the Big Lie-type propaganda, are either banned or have no
legal basis in the UK. It is rather sad to see that products can be built with
fences (against information) and then be backed by disinformation.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Cpu(s): 27.6%us,  5.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 61.4%id,  4.4%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st