Re: Trolls having a hard time with Linux

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 26 August 2007 21:36 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that jessedorland@xxxxxxxxx spake thusly:
>
>> Why really bugs me is that the only way person can read EULA is by
>> opening the product -- now once you open it -- it means you have agree
>> with it -- or something to that fact. Infact, in one of my laptop it
>> said something like "by turning on this computer you have agreed upon
>> -- something, I didn't even bother reading it -- fine fonts!!!
>>
>> Now, there are some nut people here who would say -- why would buy it
>> without "research".. I am not even going to answer their "orthodoxy".
>
> Research doesn't come into it. Forcing people to commit to an agreement
> /before/ affording them the opportunity to review and then possible
> decline it, is entrapment. It's a con, pure and simple.

Some months ago I read a story about the ways in which people are virtually
forced to just accept whatever comes (be it Vista or a military contract,
which soon has you back home in a casket).

The OEMs rarely offer choice and the PC is delivered to you in a form that's
akin to a sharp salesman holding a piece of paper in one hand and a $100 pen
in another. He then puts that pen next to your hand and just calmly tells
you "sign here, there's nothing to worry about".

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
 23:20:01 up 20 days,  2:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.58, 0.75