Re: [News] Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

____/ waterskidoo on Tuesday 21 August 2007 02:55 : \____

> On 2007-08-20, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> ____/ waterskidoo on Saturday 18 August 2007 16:21 : \____

>>> Examples please. Is anyone /forcing/ people to use Linux? Enlighten,
>>> please.
>>
>> I am sick to death of that ignorant cow branding us as zealots. If that
>> is true, then surely we are no more bigoted than Sweaty "Linux is a
>> cancer" Ballmer, and his loyal band of cronies.
>
> 1. Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.
> 2. Branding you as zealots? This post just goes to prove my point.
>

>> We're not all fence-sitters like her. Maybe if she had balls then she'd
>> pick a side and fight for the cause, instead of accusing people of being
>> "zealots", merely because they *dare* to defend themselves against the
>> reprehensible forces that viciously and relentlessly attack GNU/Linux,
>> Free Software, privacy, civil rights, fair use, and other civil issues.
>
> Defend yourself?
> Maybe it's your balls that are doing all the thinking for *you*.
> If sure seems that way.
>
> Linux is an operating system, the charter of this group says something
> about comparing/discussing Linux vs other operating systems.
>
> I see nothing about a religious war in the charter.
>
>> *We're* the underdogs here; *we're* the ones under attack; *we're* the
>> one's struggling to secure Freedom and restore a measure of justice and
>> common sense to the world of IT. Is it bigotry to fight for liberty? If
>> that is her position, then that makes her as big a part of the problem
>> as those other reprehensible forces, and perhaps without realising it,
>> she has already clearly picked a side. Unfortunately, she's picked the
>> wrong one.
>
> You sound like a loon.
> BTW I rarely fit into a box like you apparently do.
>
>> Plonked and added to the Trolls list.
>
> Bury your head in the sand and prove DFS, Hadron and Tim Smith amongst
> others right in what they say about you and radical Linux users in general.
>
> Your post is the poster child for fanatiscism, radicalism and unclear
> thinking in general and it's posts like that which scare the hell
> out of new Linux users much like the Jehovah Witness sticking her
> foot in your front door on a Saturday morning scares people
> away from that religion.
>
> I'll leave you with one thought:
>
> It really does seem true that if one does not follow along in COLA
> then one is labeled a troll.
> Fine, isn't it time for you to tighten up that tinfoil hat and
> plug yourself in for a recharge? I think your batteries must be drained
> after this post.
>
> Haha!

Like you, I used to flirt with some trolls whose past (as in history) in this
newsgroup I did not know. Examples included Larry Qualig.  I later realised
how silly that was. You're offending the wrong person here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
Cpu(s): 27.0%us,  4.6%sy,  1.0%ni, 62.4%id,  4.6%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st