Re: [News] Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

____/ waterskidoo on Tuesday 21 August 2007 02:45 : \____

> On 2007-08-20, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> [via /.]
>>>
>>> http://whyfirefoxisblocked.com/
>>
>> So blocking ads is "stealing", is it? Hilarious.
>>
>> Well in that case, saturating my bandwidth with unsolicited junk is
>> stealing from *me* too. I'm not aware of any law that mandates that I
>> *must* watch adverts ... on the Internet, or anywhere else.
>>
>> When someone loads a webpage, do they read every single word, and look
>> at every single image on that page? How is a site owner supposed to
>> legally mandate that a reader does such a thing. Are they going to strap
>> steel cages on our heads, and shove matchsticks in our eyes to force us
>> to endure their cruddy spam?
>>
>> The method I use to ignore spam is irrelevant, it is my *right* to
>> ignore it, if I wish.
>>
>> I always knew that advertisers were reprehensible scum, but didn't think
>> they were *that* bloody arrogant.
>
> OP left intact.
> Very well put Homer!

Every advertiser has its likeminded friend, just as the Media Gods have found
their love in Vista.

Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The adware framework would leave almost no data untouched in its quest to
| sell you stuff. It would inspect "user document files, user e-mail files,
| user music files, downloaded podcasts, computer settings, computer status
| messages (e.g., a low memory status or low printer ink)," and more. How could
| we have been so blind as to not see the marketing value in computer status
| messages?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070717-microsoft-patents-the-mother-of-all-adware-systems.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
 03:05:01 up 14 days,  5:58,  3 users,  load average: 1.36, 1.39, 1.36