Re: [News] Free Software Becomes an Appealing Option, Rosegarden 1.6.0 Available

____/ 7 on Monday 10 December 2007 00:14 : \____

> micoshaft asstroturfer flatfish wrote on behalf of micoshaft corporation:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:35:08 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Free software from networks of programmers
>>>
>>>,----[ Quote ]
>>>`----
>>>
>>>http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/215073
>>>
>>>Linux Sequencer Updated
>>
>> These things are a total waste for the professional musician.
>
> But not a waste of time for the average college kid trying
> to become a musician free of charge.
>
>> Lack of support for the top firewire and control surfaces is just the
>> start.
>>
>> Rosegarden is like Windows sequencers circa 1985, only not as good.
>> Audacity is decent.
>> Ardour isn't bad.
>> But again it's all about the plugins and interface support and that's
>> where Linux dies.
>> Streaming audio to disk is trivial.
>> Making plugins like Ivory, Bias, Waves, EastWest, UAD is not and that
>> is where Linux dies.
>
> Your reviews materially suck as you don't know what professional
> musicians use Linux for.
>
> You have never used dynebolic I can see and the hundred or so
> free music utilities that come with it.
> You know people have been making podcasts
> for years with that free of charge. They are just the part
> of 1 million new Linux users per month switching to Linux and
> the rate is increasing.
>
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com

A lot of professional (top-notch) audio equipment is Linux-based. I posted one
example yesterday. Hollywood uses GNU/Linux for film production as well.

Ignore the troll.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Basket Case