Re: Blogger presses Gates for IE8 answers

____/ Linonut on Sunday 09 December 2007 13:49 : \____

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/12/07/Blogger-presses-Gates-for-IE8-answers_1.html

>    Relations between developers and designers, and the team working on
>    the upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 have become increasingly rocky,
>    but developers' simmering discontent has recently boiled over. In
>    comments attached to posts on the Microsoft blog dedicated to the
>    browser, developers have chastised Microsoft for not following
>    through on browser upgrade promises, for not supporting crucial Web
>    standards, and most of all, for not keeping them in the loop.
>
>    . . .
>
>    "Maybe for you it's just a game, but for us developers, who have to
>    spend 20% - 30% of our front-end dev time implementing workarounds
>    for your browsers' bugs and lack of standards support, it hurts to
>    even try to smile at that post," said someone identified as Yann.
>
> Microsoft -- disclosure and open-standards are just a game.
>
> On a serious note, Microsoft grew by being somewhat open with
> developers.  Microsoft ignores them at it peril.  Of course, this is
> only one project.

They have a new rendering engine. They might be trying an 'extend' move
(again).

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
| An industry coalition that has represented competitors of Microsoft
| in European markets before the European Commission stepped up its
| public relations offensive this morning, this time accusing
| Microsoft of scheming to upset HTML's place in the fabric of
| the Internet with XAML, an XML-based layout lexicon forn
| etwork applications.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS_Accuses_Microsoft_of_Plotting_HTML_Hijack/1169824569

Modern man is the missing link between Neanderthals and the civilised man