Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Kills Microsoft's Prospects with Small Computers

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, where I live there are an awful lot of lumbering, gas-guzzling
> BATs [1] being driven by lumbering, alcohol-guzzling drivers.

I'm sure that's true, but with gas prices the way they are I also bet
many of those drivers now wish they had something else.  It certainly
has had an effect on sales.  In many markets there are waiting lists
for hybrids while the dealership lots are full of unsold SUVs.  US
car manufactures continue to lose money hand over fist while foreign
manufactures of more efficient cars enjoy big profits.

Its the price you pay when you completely misread or ignore the
direction your market is headed.

Thad