Re: Linux is about to take over the low end of PCs (SJVN)

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Saturday 08 December 2007 23:01 : \____

> Well I wouldn't make these predictions, but then I don't know as much
> as SJVN and I don't like to make predictions anyway.

He's not a 'fanboi'. He criticised Linux in the past. And yes, he write for an
American(ish) audience, so he doesn't take account of Asian markets and other
areas that mean very little to an average consumer.

The revolution will happen _outside_ the US first. Italy, France and other
governments not only adopted ODF and OpenOffice.org, but they are moving to
GNU/Linux on the desktop as well. And you're talking about politicians who are
technophobes here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
         run-level 2  2007-12-04 17:40                   last=