Re: CEOs: Anlysts Like IDC and Gartner Are Jokes, Microsoft Puppets, Anti-Linux

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:07:59 -0500, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:
>
>> However, some of the stuff I read in COLA is just loony IMHO.
>
>flatfish, you're a hypocrite!

Why?
I read some of my own posts too!

>> A long time ago I said that it's all about money and that if/when
>> Linux becomes a potential money maker for programmers, vendors, etc it
>> will become a completely different ball game, and it has to a large
>> extent.
>> Novel/Suse/Linspire etc playing footsie with the *devil*.
>>
>> Money, sex and power are three highly effective motivators and
>> sometimes *free* does not mix and match well with those motivators.
>
>Which might be a good thing, in my opinion.   See the sig.

It depends.
If Roy, Mark and others think the kumbaya route is going to ultimately
work they are sorely mistaken.

The obstacles the OLPC is facing is just the tip of the iceberg.