Re: A 1000 Mile Linux Upgrade

____/ Linonut on Saturday 08 December 2007 12:51 : \____

> * thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fired off this tart reply:
>
>> And so here I am posting from my newly installed 7.10 server.
>> Looks like everything is working fine.  I was able to install
>> TeamSpeak via apt, so at least one reason for upgrading has
>> been validated (and now the GF and I can chat without wearing
>> out our cell phones).
>>
>> Have I mentioned lately that Linux rocks?  :)
>
> Nah, yah could had a Windows server reboot itself and call ya back when
> it was ready <grin>.

I'm not sure if/how that would work, but with GNU/Linux you can reboot remotely
(e.g. sudo reboot) and the SSH server/daemon will be resurrected upon booting,
in which can you can reconnect within seconds and carry on the work (GUI and
all with X forwarding also).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999