Re: CEOs: Anlysts Like IDC and Gartner Are Jokes, Microsoft Puppets, Anti-Linux

____/ 7 on Saturday 08 December 2007 19:19 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> From the new podcast, around 40 minutes into the session:
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/07/open_season_seven/
>>
>> Some of the points made are truly stunning! I took notes while listening.
>>
>> About Gartner: Bill Gates and Larry Ellison invest in them... Ballmer
>> picks up the phone "shooting at them"... "IDC is the absolute worst"...
>> they "can't believe they get paid for that stuff"... if only there was no
>> conflict of
>> interest...  they must deal only with  the figures their clients give
>> them... you have to wonder who is paying the bills... you have to wonder
>> out loud... no conspiracy theory... Microsoft demands that analysts will
>> only count Linux if there's a shipment (payment) attached to it... there's
>> no information out there about Linux usage... they phoned Gartner and the
>> analysts would only talk about money... $7.5 billion for the Linux PC
>> market is estimated... working by Microsoft's definitions.
>>
>> Microsoft controls information. "they [analysts] get forcefed"... Nobody
>> actually tracks Linux usage at the moment...
>>

>> You've got to listen to it. Big fraud all over this "analyst" business...
>> especially a case against Linux....
>

> The analyists are all fraudsters.
> They have absolutely no approved tools to measure Linux
> to talk about Linux adoption in their fraud littered reports.
> They should be sued for that.
> Linux is distributed not sold.
> So unless you include something to measure distributed
> portion of Linux you have nothing.
> Measuring the 'sold' bit is actually a fraudulent
> interpretation because the thing thats sold is not Linux,
> its support.
>
> They have already mis-represented and mis-stated the facts.
> Linux now expands with one million new users per month
> and the rate is increasing.
>
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com

If they measure sales, they pass on the illusion that the paymaster pays for. I
agree with you. Analysts (many of them) are nothing buy shills in suits. They
get paid not to be marketers (somewhat of a lying act), but as mouthpieces.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
         run-level 2  2007-12-04 17:40                   last=