Re: BoycottNovell.com - Authorities take official action against lies from Roy Schestowitz and shut down the site.

flatfish <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Read the thread.
> The point isn't the traffic, it's Mark Kent's idiotic definition of
> bandwidth.

Well actually, nowdays we all tend to use the term 'bandwidth'
incorrectly.  It use to literally mean the extent of the frequency
band being utilized.  This used to have more of a direct
relationship to data transmission speed, so people began to use
it (incorrectly) to mean that.  It is now so firmly entrenched
in the public mind that we must admit the word has a new, extra
meaning.

But just don't let me hear you kids using that kind of language
when you are cutting across my lawn! (shakes a 10base5 vampire
tap at the young ingrates)

Later,

Thad