Re: Roy's podcast

* Hadron fired off this tart reply:

>>> What are you talking about? We are discussing c# and proprietary
>>> formats. You do not need MS products to use C#. If I am wrong on this
>>> then please correct me since I don't, personally, use it as of yet.
>>
>> You don't need Sun products to use Java either. Is Java a Sun language
>> in your opinion?
>
> WTF are you talking about? We are discussing C#. not Java. Not Sun. But
> whether using C# means are you tied to MS apron strings.
>
> You are not. Simple.
>
> EOS.

The only thing "simple" here, is you.

You simply shift the goalposts on Jim to avoid him pinning you down.

In any case, your "simple" view is too "simple".

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_(software)

   Mono's implementation of those components of the .NET stack not
   submitted to the ECMA for standardization has been the source of
   patent violation concerns for much of the life of the project. In
   particular, discussion has taken place about whether Microsoft could
   destroy the Mono project through patent suits.

   <rant from Stallman snipped>

   On November 2, 2006, Microsoft and Novell announced a joint agreement
   whereby Microsoft agreed to not sue Novell\u2019s customers for
   patent infringement.[9] According to Mono project leader Miguel de
   Icaza,[10] this agreement extends to Mono but only for Novell
   developers and customers.

Only a simpleton would deal with Microsoft technology without being
aware of the legal implications.  Are you an advocate for simpletons, or
just one yourself?

--
Tux rox!