Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista 'Weight Problems' Require Tinkering

> How To Turn Off Vista's Useless Junk And Speed Up Your PC
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I am currently receiving a measure of vindication as more and more people are
>| finding stubborn and often insurmountable problems with drivers,
>| applications, and worst of all, the sheer sluggishness of this monstrous OS
>| which requires a jaw-dropping 15GB of free hard drive space just to install.
>| And if you ever want to uninstall it, you're better off just reformatting the
>| disk or you'll be weeks just trying to put all the pieces back together.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| If you were stupid enough to buy Vista, do something smart for a change! Go
>| check out that website and start turning off all that useless OS junk!
> `----
>
> http://hubpages.com/hub/How_To_Turn_Off_Vistas_Useless_Junk_And_Speed_Up_Your_PC

For the inveterate Windows PC tinkerer, though, this probably seems like
a fantastic opportunity to "learn" the new Microsoft operating system.
MS have been creating these kinds of experts for years and years now,
people who have learnt, often the very hard way, how to squeeze windows
into working with one or other combination of hard and software, and
many of them have gone into business selling this capability on.

This is the beginnings of the same "expertise" growing.  I'm sure
there'll be copies of "Vista Internals" and "Vista for Dummies" and
"Vista in 24 hours" and "Vista Unleashed" littering the shelves of
bookstores very soon.  Just how many of them sell will be a more
interesting metric, though.