[News] Web Applications Run 'Natively' on GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Web Applications Run 'Natively' on GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:02:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Using Mozilla Prism on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I am happy with Prism. I do find myself using it regularly.
| Obviously, if you prefer to have these apps running in a browser then you
| won’t find it compelling. You could tweak your browser yourself to run like
| Prism. I think Prism has a bigger upside for Linux than Windows or OS X, for
| the reasons stated above. I’m glad to see Mozilla trying some new things.
| Some of the future ideas, like Firefox 3 integration and offline data storage
| and 3D graphics hardware access sound very interesting.
`----

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2007/11/using-mozilla-prism-on-linux/

Related:

Mozilla's Prism to bring Web apps to desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla now has prototypes of Prism running on Windows with early versions on
| Mac and Linux under way.
|
| Future versions include offline access to information with Firefox 3 and
| three-dimensional graphics.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9805103-7.html

Adobe's new CEO zeroes in on Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: Adobe is in an interesting place right now. The company is making a
| transition from boxed software to online, "cloud" computing. Can you talk
| about that?
|
| A: We want to marry the power of the desktop with the Web.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20071205/tc_usatoday/adobesnewceozeroesinonweb

What’s Next for Firefox? Online Services, Of Course!

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is contemplating offering syncing services, which would allow profile
| data to be synced between various computers; third parties eventually will be
| given some kind of access to this information as well.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2007/12/03/whats-next-for-firefox-online-services-of-course/

Microsoft to partners: It's time to change

,----[ Quote ]
| Aiming to rally its partners around the reality of hosted software, Microsoft
| Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner told them it was a matter of financial
| life and death.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6195764.html

Mozilla can live without Google's money, Baker says

,----[ Quote ]
| Thunderbird spin-off should find its own revenue, the Mozilla CEO adds
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9044160

Firefox 3 and Google team up for offline apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 will be the first internet browser to offer offline web
| application support when it launches at the end of this year.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/118296/firefox-3-and-google-team-up-for-offline-apps.html

FAA May Ditch Microsoft's Windows Vista And Office For Google And Linux Combo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800480