Re: California Might Say "Hasta La Vista" to Microsoft E-mail

____/ jeanzo22@xxxxxxxxx on Monday 03 December 2007 15:28 : \____

> On Dec 2, 5:35 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Arnold Schwarzenegger Chooses Google SaaS Over Microsoft Exchange
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | California has formed a working group to figure out whether roughly
>> | 250,000 of its workers should move their e-mail, messaging and calendaring
>> | system to a hosted service and it's a toss up as to whether Google or
>> | Microsoft would get the multimillion-dollar contract, according to
>> | InformationWeek.
>> `----
>>
>> http://ajax.sys-con.com/read/468743.htm
>
> Well Google is a California company, and Microsoft is not...also,
> Microsoft is roundly hated in Silicon Valley (the "Beast of Redmond"
> you know).

Scott M. Fulton, III:

"When faced with a situation where the only rational option is for
Microsoft to solve its own problems, Microsoft chooses instead to go
on the attack against some outside enemy that could potentially expose
or spotlight those problems. As a result, those problems may never be
solved, but the enemy du jour becomes so damaged that the continued
existence of those problems in the context of the industry as a whole,
becomes inconsequential. To this day, serious bugs and deficiencies in
Microsoft's operating systems and applications, discovered by myself
and others and duly reported to Microsoft, remain uncorrected, quite
possibly for fear of the political cost of exposing the problem by
making the world aware of its solution.

Microsoft's distorted perception of the computing industry, and of the
world as a whole, is important because of a fact which Judge Jackson
came to realize but, all too soon, commented on: Any conduct remedy
which relies solely upon Microsoft's own ability to scrutinize,
admonish, and improve itself through its own means, will be treated by
Microsoft's executives with disrespect and contempt. It's like a
parent ordering his wayward son to shape up. The executives of
Microsoft are as unwilling to consider such an order as an adolescent
boy, bottled up in his room, is willing to remove his headphones and
listen to his dad for five seconds. They are likely to ignore such an
order altogether. I say this with the utmost respect: They don't give
a damn what you think."