Re: Ping HPT

On Dec 1, 4:50 pm, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2007-12-01, Hadron <hadronqu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I advocate Linux more in a day than you could muster in your history of
> > posting here. Parrot boy.
>
> Indeed.  It is people like HPT, Mark, etc., that make it harder to get
> Linux accepted.

Thumper will do what his masters Mark Kent and Roy will tell him.
Thumper has been asked to work with FAQs these days. He obeyed quite
well. Lets see when he moves to his next assignment. Whining and
bitching is becoming quite common among some Linux users.

> One of the big arguments often used is that while Linux
> is free, there is excellent support available from the community.

Some communities are better. Advocacy group is pathetic.

> And when someone who is considering Linux goes in search of that
> community, to see what it is like, they will run into people like HPT,
> and Mark, and Roy.  Are those people you want to rely on for support?  No.

Quite so. I reckon DFS, Hadron, cc, yourself could do a much better
job at advocating Linux than cola gang. Mark Kent has always been
useless, as his colleagues reiterate from time to time. Roy's mamma
uses Windows. She knows how insane her son is, and she does a fairly
good job of keeping him away from her computer. Roy has a poor image
at his university. High Plains Thumper is just a lapdog like Cullie
and Poaster, so the less said about them the better. Novice users,
coming across such people like Kent and his business partner Roy,
certainly would throw Linux CDs in the dustbin.

> Linux is a small minority right now.  A consequence of that is that
> negative behavior by Linux users has a much bigger effect than negative
> behavior by Windows (majority) users.

Numerous linux users are ignorant. They have little or no knowledge
about competing and dominating OS. They highlight the faults of other
OSes rather than highlighting strengths of Linux, doing more harm to
Linux.