Re: Study: 'Huge jump' in Microsoft flaws since last year

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:03:34 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 06:45:35 -0800 (PST), Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>
>> On Dec 1, 10:15 am, Ramon F Herrera <ra...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> "The past year has seen a massive increase in the number of flaws
>>> found in Microsoft software, according to vulnerability-scanning
>>> company Qualys. Between 2006 and 2007, there was an almost threefold
>>> rise in Microsoft flaws, Qualys said on Wednesday."
>>>
>>> http://www.news.com/Study-Huge-jump-in-Microsoft-flaws-since-last-yea...http://tinyurl.com/2b6psd
>>>
>>> -RFH
>>
>>      "Microsoft declined to comment for this story."
>
> What this doesn't say is that virtually all of those vulnerabilities
> are in older versions of the software.  The most recent versions
> (Vista, Office 2007, etc..) are most times not susceptible to them.

Well duh? Couldn't be because 'Vista, Office 2007, etc..' have a very
small user base at the moment? Afterall, isn't that the excuse you
trolls give to the next to zero number of viruses / trojans against
Linux?

Give it time Erik. As more people are 'coerced' into upgrading their
HW to support the excessive requirements of 'Vista, Office 2007,
etc..' I'm sure Microsoft won't let us down and will show us how inept
they still are when it comes to SW security.