[News] Performance Benchmarks for the Next Ubuntu Linux; Theme Mockups

  • Subject: [News] Performance Benchmarks for the Next Ubuntu Linux; Theme Mockups
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:58:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 7.10 vs. Early Ubuntu 8.04 Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| These benchmarks are very preliminary and only cover a select number of
| tests, while in early 2008 we will be taking a more thorough look at the
| performance of Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" in different environments. So far
| the performance looks to be roughly the same between the 2.6.22-based Ubuntu
| 7.10 and Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 2. After the Alpha 2 release tomorrow, the next
| Alpha release is planned for January 10.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=945&num=1

Some theme *mockups* for Ubuntu 8.04 (default, unofficial):

Zwei neue Hardy Mockups

http://blog.slyon.de/?p=172

Related:

Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/BasicIdeals

,----[ Quote ]
| An interface with only the purpose to be the usable and intuitive by design.
| The most basic user is to open this interface, and know what each element
| does, what to expect from it, and how to do what they want.
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/BasicIdeals?highlight=%28CategoryArtwork%29

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Alpha: A First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release of Ubuntu 8.04 (codenamed Hardy Heron) was scheduled
| to be released today, but the official release has been pushed back until
| tomorrow. However, a preliminary CD image of this first alpha release for
| Ubuntu 8.04 LTS has surfaced today on the Internet.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=930&num=1

Update: Hardy Theme Mockup Update: Hardy Theme Mockup

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.slyon.de%2F%3Fp%3D154&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://blog.slyon.de/?p=154