[News] Unreal Tournament 3 Linux Server is Released

  • Subject: [News] Unreal Tournament 3 Linux Server is Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 05:23:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
UT3 Linux Server Released

,----[ Quote ]
| I know lots of potential server operators have been looking forward to this
| release, and at long last it is here. In case you're not on the server
| mailing list, we'll be posting a download for the files very soon.
`----

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/singlepost.php?id=11383Roy

Two days ago:

Unreal Tournament 3 Linux Status

,----[ Quote ]
| For those of you who are not subscribed to the mailing list, here’s the email
| verbaitim from Ryan Gordon, the man behind the curtain who is responsible for
| the Linux port of UT3 Linux server and client binary distribution… which
| still hasn’t happened yet - but they will be available “as soon as possible.”
|
| The most interesting piece (in my opinion) is that he believes that it can be
| determined what the cause for delays in the final release of the Linux server
| by comparing the binaries. I better brush up on my assembly.
`----

http://www.fsckin.com/2007/12/17/unreal-tournament-3-linux-status/

Recent:

UT3 Linux Server Coming Very Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Ryan Gordon has announced on the Unreal Tournament 3 Linux mailing list that
| the Linux server for Unreal Tournament 3 will be out "very very soon".
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjI0MA

[UT3] Linux Dedicated Server "Very Soon"

,----[ Quote ]
| On the official mailing list for the Linux client and server, Ryan Gordon
| reports that the Linux Dedicated Server package is nearly ready.
`----

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=192872

Related:

UT3 Linux in Box; No Editor?

,----[ Quote ]
| The game's predecessor, Unreal Tournament 2004, also included the Linux
| client/server binaries on the retail disc.
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/news/feedback.php?identiferID=9593&action=flatview

Unreal Tournament 3 For Linux Confirmed

,----[ Quote ]