Re: [News] Debian GNU/Linux Defeats Microsoft Windows

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 18 December 2007 15:33 : \____

>> My Debian Adventure
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| I'm feeling just as exhilarated about using Debian as I felt when I first
>>| installed Mepis Linux over a year ago, and realized that I was going to
>>| keep using it full-time, instead of Windows XP.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computerbob.com/guides/my_debian_adventure.php
>>

> Every time I start up a linux machine, I feel comfortable that its
> behaviour will be reasonably predictable, and that if I make no changes
> to it, it will merely keep working.
>
> That kind of reliability is priceless.

As one recent article stated, "Linux is polished enough for NYSE".

New cartoon:

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20071216

Surely, Microsoft has given up on altruism in the IT industry
Swap:  1510068k total,   406544k used,  1103524k free,    70112k cached