Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Enables Feds to 'Share' Your PC

____/ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 18 December 2007 15:11 :
\____

>> Yes, 3 people who help FLOSS observed the same thing in Digg and told me
>> about this a few days ago. I received E-mails complaining about what seems
>> like astroturfers or just Microsoft partners. It's systematic. In fact,
>> quite a few of the trolls you know from COLA have moved to ./ and Digg as
>> well (they admitted this), for smears, burying, manipulation, and spin. And
>> speaking of /., I have been told that all the vile and homophobic languages
>> they use there (not to mention links to gross pictures) are intended to have
>> it blacklisted by filters and ignored by important readers like diplomats.
>> This sounds just like the thing they do here in COLA. There's a lot more to
>> say about this, but it's a long story. Even Groklaw gets 'infected' by
>> Microsoft partners. Even BN.
>
> Considering sites like slashdot and digg are for-profit ventures, it
> would be a risky proposition doing something like you describe.  If
> it could be proven, it would open the perpetrators to serious civil
> action for attempted interference of commerce and loss of business.
> It would certainly be an entire different ballgame than trolling on
> COLA.  I tend to be skeptical of these sorts of thing, but who knows,
> I've heard of crazier astroturfing campaigns.
>
> Thad

It's done, Thad. Sometimes there are even disclosures, but rarely are there
any. If you enquire, then you find out the truth. Even Digg is aware of the
issue.

Surely, Microsoft has given up on altruism in the IT industry
Swap:  1510068k total,   406544k used,  1103524k free,    70112k cached