Re: [News] 2 Microsoft Mouthpieces: Accidentally Admitting Linux is Better at Appliances

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 18 December 2007 15:08 : \____

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/15531/yankee-goup-says-linux-outperforms-windows-virtual-environments

>> Ouch. It was somewhere in the text. Yankee Group is considered a Microsoft
>> lapdog with a long history at that. Another Microsoft shill is Barron?s (see
>> recent references below).
>
> Odd.  Maybe Microsoft didn't pay them enough this time?

Tommy changes the headline of this to refelect on the content. Groklaw folks
will be very surprised as well. The founder/head of the Yankee Group spouted
some insults at Linux people some time ago. [H]omer wrote about it at the
time.

Yankee Groups is basically a bunch of people, few of whom may have
computing-related certifications (DiDio, for example, hasn't anything to do
with computers, but it doesn't stop her from commenting). These people are
given some raw figures and some money, then told to process these/some numbers
and write some whitepaper which they can pushed to Microsoft-friendly
journalists like Peter Galli, who create spin and FUD. Needless to say, Yankee
gets a lot of its gigs from Microsoft. Gartner and IDC aren't much better.
It's just a big industry (army) of shills in suit, mouthpieces.

>> Barron?s Red Hat Coverage Is All Wrong
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The VAR Guy opened today?s edition of Barron?s and shook his head in
>>| disagreement. The financial paper says Red Hat?s revenue will erode amid
>>| fierce competition from Oracle and the new Microsoft-Novell partnership.
>> `----
>>
>> http://techiqmag.com/2006/11/05/barrons-red-hat-coverage-is-all-wrong/
>>

> Well, the alternative is far less palatable for their paying customer,
> that Microsoft are on a downward trend, and others, including Red Hat,
> are picking up and will continue to pick up yet more business from them.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
 22:05:01 up 8 days, 10:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.81, 1.09, 1.51