[News] Seagate Tries to Make Peace with GNU/Linux After Gross Discrimination

  • Subject: [News] Seagate Tries to Make Peace with GNU/Linux After Gross Discrimination
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:35:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Seagate releases workaround for Linux users

,----[ Quote ]
| Papadopulos denied that Seagate was snubbing Linux users. The Maxtor OneTouch
| 4 Plus and OneTouch 4 Mini ship with a Linux boot CD that works in
| conjunction with Maxtor Safety Drill as a bare metal restore.
|
| The Maxtor OneTouch 4 and OneTouch III do not have any problems with spinning
| the drives up through Linux after sleep mode, he said.
|
| It is just the Free Agent range as we reported. What a palaver.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/12/11/seagate-issues-workaround-linux

Related:

Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9038438