[News] [OT] RIAA Forbids Backup

RIAA files supplemental brief in Atlantic v. Howell; argues personal copies
ripped to computer are unauthorized

,----[ Quote ]
| The RIAA's brief makes the novel contention, contradicting its lawyers'
| arguments at the Supreme Court in MGM v. Grokster, that making personal
| copies of songs from one's CD onto one's computer is an infringement.
`----

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2007/12/riaa-files-supplemental-brief-in.html

Everyone is a 'pirate' and a 'criminal'. Prove them wrong.

Recent:

German Supreme Court rejects copyright fee for printers

,----[ Quote ]
| Printer manufacturer Hewlett-Packard has announced that the German Supreme
| Court ruled in a hearing that the firm will not have to pay a flat fee to
| German copyright collective VG Wort to cover copyrights.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/100227/from/rss09

Overly-broad copyright law has made USA a "nation of infringers"

,----[ Quote ]
| Tehranian's paper points out just how pervasive copyright has become in our
| lives. Simply checking one's e-mail and including the full text in response
| could be a violation of copyright.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071119-overly-broad-copyright-law-has-made-us-a-nation-of-infringers.html

Western Digital DRM'd Hard Drive Won't Let You Share MP3, DivX ... Or Impulse
Tracker

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/12/western-digital.html