[News] Linux Advocacy from Helios, New Zealand's Press

  • Subject: [News] Linux Advocacy from Helios, New Zealand's Press
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:51:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Charting A New Course - And Thanking Those Who Made It Possible

,----[ Quote ]
| I became a Linux Advocate because I believe in what you are doing. I believe
| the thing you have produced is a gift to the world. I believe that everyone
| should have that gift that wants it. There are all the ingredients here.
| The "conflict" with the "bad guy", the underdog that strives to come from
| behind, the internal strife that evolves when many are involved in one
| effort...it's the perfect storybook.
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/387-Charting-A-New-Course-And-Thanking-Those-Who-Made-It-Possible.html

How2 ... get free software

,----[ Quote ]
| About 4% use Apple's OS and the rest run some form of Linux or
| other "alternative" system. I'm not about to get into a dissing contest over
| the pros and cons of each; Linux users have a pat answer for whatever
| argument you throw at them.
`----

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4319987a11275.html

Contains some FUD and myths.