Re: How to install Ubuntu on Playstation 3 ?

____/ chrisv on Monday 10 December 2007 18:40 : \____

> Rex Ballard wrote:
>
>>Sounds like I might want to get myself a Sony Playstation 3.
>>
>>Just curious,
>>does PS3 also support the high density SD-RAM and Memory Sticks (4Gig
>>and 8 Gig)?
>>does PS3 support high speed "Ulra-SD"?
>>What is the maximum memory capacity of the PS3?
>
> I'm pretty sure the PS3 uses a newish flavor of RDRAM that is not
> available on any sort of stick.

Many of the features are yet to be unlocked, later to be properly supported out
of the box. You haven't seen the full potential of Linux on the PS3 yet. Those
who buy a PS3 will get free upgrades (Linux is free to download and use after
all).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)
Swap:  1510068k total,   453844k used,  1056224k free,    36356k cached