[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux is Growing in Hungary

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux is Growing in Hungary
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:26:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
HOVD - Kedvenc linux disztró 2004-2007

http://hup.hu/node/48815

Images are self explanatory.

Related:

A look at UHU-Linux 2.1 RC2 [from Hungary]

,----[ Quote ]
| More than one year ago, I reviewed UHU-Linux 2.0, and I very much liked it.
| Now, when UHU-Linux 2.1 is about to be released (I don't understand
| Hungarian, so I can't read their forums, but I suspect they want to release
| before Christmas), I tested UHU-Linux 2.1 RC2 (released on 12/16), downloaded
| from here: uhu-linux-2.1-rc2-dvd.iso.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/12/18/22/25/39-a-look-at-uhu-linux-2-1-rc2

Multimedia codecs, encrypted DVD support, Flash and Java plugins for Firefox...

http://kiwilinux.org/ [from Hungary]

MSOOXML: What Happened in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
| If you can't do the math, I think the bottom line is, it's looking like
| Microsoft won't let the world say no to OOXML. It couldn't ram it through the
| usual process, with the folks who understand the tech, even with some very
| odd technical committee chairperson goings on. This is the standard that
| couldn't win on merit, in short.

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
`----