[News] Update on Adoption and Growth of Free Software in Latin America

  • Subject: [News] Update on Adoption and Growth of Free Software in Latin America
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 04:01:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Near-shoring gaining traction - northxsouth.com is ahead of the game

,----[ Quote ]
| All the reasons we think near-shoring to Latin America is a great idea is
| suddenly starting to dawn on corporations in the United States. Shorter time
| differences, better English speakers, the Latin American free software
| movement producing masses of quality programmers — all of this and more is
| what led us to turn our 10-year-old open source relationships with Latin
| America into a business that internet companies could tap into.
`----

http://news.northxsouth.com/2007/12/29/near-shoring-gaining-traction-northxsouthcom-is-ahead-of-the-game/

Linux is growing there fast.

Related:

Latin American Insurance Provider Centralizes IT Systems With Red Hat Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| With a wide array of operating systems, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux,
| Debian, Novell, AIX and others, spread across its centers, the company could
| no longer maintain the mutli-platform support for its main system.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071128/20071128005097.html?.v=1

Red Hat Solutions Deliver Increased Flexibility and Performance for
Telecommunications Provider

,----[ Quote ]
| Latin American-Based Sixbell Nekotec Solutions Finds Success after Migrating
| to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071001/20071001005091.html?.v=1

IBM Opens Latin America's First Mainframe Software Center

,----[ Quote ]
| The System z Center also offers software training and business guidance on
| how the IBM mainframe can deliver faster and customized solutions through
| proven case studies and innovative testing techniques.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/070810/0289179.html

Red Hat Opens Offices in Mexico

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc., a provider of the open source Linux operating system
| and services, said Monday it opened offices in Mexico as it
| expands Latin American operations that already include Brazil
| and Argentina.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070305/red_hat_mexico.html?.v=1

Sycom, LLC announces joint venture with engineer Cristhian Agudelo creating
Sycom Solutions

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.clickpress.com/releases/Detailed/26598005cp.shtml