Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista SP1 Makes It Even Worse

<posted & mailed>

____/ Jerry McBride on Saturday 29 December 2007 21:34 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Tests: Vista SP1 worsens HD, network speed
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The looming Service Pack 1 update for Windows Vista has deteriorated the
>> | Microsoft operating system's disk and networking performance beyond the
>> | already slow launch version, according to a series of tests conducted by
>> | Gizmodo.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/12/27/vista.sp1.slows.down/
>>

> Forgive me, but... you get what you pay for. Windows Vista is a product of
> cheap labor... H1B's and "off shore-ing" is not the answer for quality
> software. Any idiot could figure that out and Microsoft has spent BILLIONS
> producing a total FLOP in Vista.
>
> Corporate America... WAKE UP... cheap is not always a good thing.

Here is the full test (I hadn't realise that it was an indirect link):

Battlemodo: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC1 vs. Shipping Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| …we noticed with Windows Vista was when we tried to transfer a large folder
| full of files over our 100Base-T network. While XP was able to transfer the
| 1.37GB folder containing 2606 items in a quick 3:37 (minutes/seconds), the
| Vista transfer seemed to hesitate at the end, taking a leisurely 12:58 to
| perform exactly the same copy from one PC to another over our network. Then
| when we compared the current shipping version of Vista with its upcoming
| service pack, there wasn’t much difference, with the Service Pack speeding
| things up by 0.865% in the PCMark tests.
|
| The only part of it that’s bugging us is the network file transfer speed got
| even slower in the SP1 release candidate. Also continuing that bothersome
| disk speed problem is the way Vista couldn’t read and write on that speedy
| 15,000rpm SAS drive anywhere near as fast as XP did.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/337768/battlemodo-windows-vista-service-pack-1-rc1-vs-shipping-vista

Only with Microsoft can the year 2001 be better than 2008. Without competition,
there's no improvement, unless that 'improvement' is Intel's bottom line and
some extra permissions-related checks for Holywood moguls.

Computing will only improve when Microsoft gets a kick in the pants.

Speaking of cheap labour, blame Microsoft lobbyists (read: bribes that rewrite
the law). The government appears to be taking action now. Published days ago:

Lobbyists' Cash Haul Appears to Slow

,----[ Quote ]
| A decade-long boom for corporate lobbyists in Washington is showing signs of
| quieting down, just as tougher congressional rules threaten to muffle the
| multibillion-dollar industry even more next year.
|
| [...]
|
| Financial services and technology firms, including Apple Inc. and Microsoft
| Corp., squared off against pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, such
| as Johnson & Johnson and Amgen Inc., on patent reforms.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071226/corporate_lobbying.html?.v=2

Bribing politicians is a MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR industry!! How on earth has this
happened?

“Gates met Noorda briefly in San Francisco to discuss the merger […] before the
merger could go forward, he said Novell had to drop its plans to buy Digital
Research. […] when Noorda raised the possibility that the Justice Department
might try to block a merger between the first and third biggest software
companies on the planet, Gates responded, “Don’t worry, we know how to handle
the federal government.” […] Gates denied every saying such a thing”

http://bil-gates.blogspot.com/

"Corruption" is written all over it, but corrupt conduct seems to have been
forged into the law. Welcome to the NWO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXqj9epGEas

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Swap:  1510068k total,   361948k used,  1148120k free,    48136k cached