Re: [News] PCWorld Predicts a Linux Year

"7" <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> PEDRO LITTLE wrote:
>

>> "7" <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Micoshaft Asstroturfer PEDRO LITTLE wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
>>> Corporation:

>>> The 'Year of Linux' was about 3 years ago in many markets.
>>>
>>> Linux now sells 1 million embedded devices per day.
>>
>> No. It's not "Linux" that sells embedded devices. Perhaps these devices
>> run linux but it is not linux that sells these devices. I'm quite sure
>> that very, very, very few people buy a microwave oven or a GPS or a
>> digital camera because of linux. They buy it for a completely different
>> reason and couldn't care less what OS their "appliance" uses internally.
>

> I seem to remember other OS vendors have tried and failed
> to corner the embedded market. Only Linux has displaced
> all of them and is expanding at an ever faster rate with
> more devices doing Linux and open source than ever before.

Linux has not displaced "all of them."

>>> The one you are referring to is desktop only because that
>>> is important to you and your employer Micoshaft Corporation.
>>
>> Don't work there now, have never worked there before. So you are
>> definitely full of shit.
>
> So which company do you asstroturf for?

None. Who do you asstroturf for?

>>> Linux is fast catching up - new Linux desktops are growing
>>> at somewhere between 1 million and 2 million desktops per month.
>>
>> And you have proof of this? Of course not because you are a liar like Rex
>> Ballard.
>

> You merely have to show output of an approved tool that measures
> Linux to prove this wrong.

That's not the way it works fool. You made the claim so it is up to YOU to
back it up and prove it. It's not my job to prove you wrong.

>>> Not long now before it turns into a torrent on the
>>> desktop like in other markets.
>>
>> Not long before pigs grow wings and start flying.
>
> Such confidence?

I'm confident that it will be decades (if ever) that linux displaces Windows
off the desktop.

> Nobody else like Linux is taking the desktop fight to
> every corner of the globe and winning.
Winning where? All I see are a few spotty and shoddy half-assed victories
here and there.