[News] AMD Brings Additional Staff to Work on Linux, GPU Documentation Coming

  • Subject: [News] AMD Brings Additional Staff to Work on Linux, GPU Documentation Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:12:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
AMD 2007 Year In Review

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD does realize that everything isn't perfect and going into 2008, they are
| working on more features and changes for their Linux driver as well as
| bringing on additional staff. Need we say that 2008 should be another very
| interesting year for AMD and Linux?
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=952&num=1

AMD Documentation Drop Next Week

,----[ Quote ]
| While we were hopeful that AMD would release the next set of GPU
| documentation in time for Christmas, we've just been informed that the
| pending M76 / RS690 specifications will be released by the end of next week.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=952&num=1

Related (days ago):

AMD Catalyst 7.12 Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| It's that time of the month again where we get to share with you all of the
| details on the latest ATI/AMD Linux driver release. This month, the ATI
| Catalyst 7.12 Linux driver (formally, what is known as fglrx 8.44) brings a
| host of new changes, mostly in the form of bug fixes. In total, there are
| just under a dozen noteworthy bug fixes in this release -- including
| addressing 3D acceleration issues on AGP graphics cards and the well-known
| OpenGL memory leak that was introduced with the new driver code-base. In
| addition, the FireGL graphics cards are now supported on this new driver
| code-base.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=947&num=1

Open-Source ATI 6.7.197 Driver Released