[News] Linux and Producers

Why Big Compute and Big Storage will meet Big Pipe at the Last Mile

,----[ Quote ]
| The next big frontier for Big Linux Build-out will be at a back end that's as
| close as anyone can get the front lines of big video production. That is, to
| consumers who are now also producers. And the parties in the best position to
| pioneer that frontier aren't in Seattle or Mountain view. They're in your
| home town.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005941

Related:

Linux in Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=636VZ_R-NVs

Studios Using Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxmovies.org/studios.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "Linux is the default operating [system] on desktops and servers at major
| animation and visual effects studios, with maybe 98 percent [or more]
| penetration," CinePaint Project Manager Robin Rowe told LinuxInsider.
`----

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/57300.html

New Year 2007 - The year of GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| There was a time when I used to boot into Windows to carry out
| certain tasks. But for the past many months, I have realized that
| I am able to do all my tasks from within GNU/Linux itself and it
| has been some time now since I have booted into Windows.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-year-2007-year-of-gnulinux.html

Linux in 2006: June is Busting Out All Over

,----[ Quote ]
| I apologize for sounding like a typical lame pundit, but 2006 was the Year
| of Linux. I never said that before--I was waiting until it became true.
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3650901

2006: What it All Means for the Penguin

,----[ Quote ]
| 2006 was no exception, but there were some significant milestones
| in acknowledging that yes, Linux and FOSS do exist, and yes, they
| are quite suitable, and even superior, for the enterprise. Of
| course we've known that for years, but getting the word out
| against the tsunamis of propaganda, misinformation, and FUD
| hasn't been easy.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6345/1/

2006: The year the FSF reached out to the community

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking ahead to 2007, Brown sees only more of the same activism for
| the FSF. Both the BadVista and Defective By Design campaigns will
| continue, and he suggests that other campaigns in the coming year
| will probably focus on hardware drivers for GNU/Linux and software
| patents.

2006: The year that changed Linux

,----[ Quote ]