Re: [News] Low-end PCs the Entry Point to Desktop GNU/Linux

____/ Handover Phist on Tuesday 25 December 2007 18:41 : \____

> Rockinghorse Winner :
>>
>> A few years ago, Fry's Electronics used to offer el cheapo pc's with
>> Linspire pre-installed.  I haven't seen them advertise any for quite a while
>> now.  Does anyone know why they discontinued their Linux offerings?
>>
>> *R* *H*
>
> They sold out.

I know Linspire did [to the bullies], but did Fry's?

Microsoft loves competition.
"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
they should do a delicate dance"
                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief